You can become a climate hero and help to change the world by joining Fresh Energy’s Fresh Future League and leaving a legacy of a healthy planet for generations to come.
When you include Fresh Energy in your planned giving and estate plans, you are working to drive bold policy solutions for a just, carbon-free future. Join us today.
There are many options for making a planned gift to Fresh Energy, including:
Gifts from a will or trust
- Make a bequest by simply including a provision for Fresh Energy in your will or trust.
- Choose to give Fresh Energy a percentage of your estate, a specific dollar amount, or property.
- Make a generous gift while maintaining control of assets during your lifetimes.
- Can be changed by you at any time.
- Will not be subject to estate tax.
- Name Fresh Energy as a beneficiary of your qualified retirement plan assets, IRAs, bank or brokerage accounts, or life insurance policies.
- Designate Fresh Energy to receive a percentage, a specific dollar amount, or the entire account.
- If left to Fresh Energy, retirement assets are free of income tax and estate tax, allowing the full value of the gift to support your clean energy legacy.
Charitable remainder trusts
- An excellent gift option if you wish to support Fresh Energy while retaining income for yourself. This type of gift is particularly useful if you want to increase current income and diversify assets without paying capital gains tax.
- Transfer cash, securities, real estate, or tangible personal property to a trust. Then, the trust makes payments to you and Fresh Energy for life or for a term not to exceed 20 years.
- You select the payout rate, which must be at least 5 percent.
- When the trust terminates, the remaining assets in the trust transfer to Fresh Energy and any other charity you designated.
Contact Fresh Energy’s Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or notify us that we are included in your plans.