- This event has passed.
Paving the Way to Justice 40
June 5 @ 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Minnesota’s Environmental Justice Community Advocates will come together to chart a course forward for full, equitable participation of Minnesota’s Indigenous and BIPOC communities in the rapidly unfolding clean energy revolution here in Minnesota.
New Federal investments and new State policies have launched an era of investment in clean energy infrastructure, electrification, and decarbonization that will be breathtaking in its scope and speed of advancement.
The forum conveners are Senator Tou Xiong, Representative Athena Hollins, and Representative Fue Lee. The lead speaker is Fresh Energy’s new Executive Director, Brenda Cassillius.
Key presenters include:
- Dr. Pete Wyckoff, Assistant Commissioner of Federal and State Initiatives at the Department of Commerce
- Nicki Leingang, Constituent Services Director, US Representative Ilhan Omar’s Office
- Gabriel Chan, Lead Faculty University of Minnesota Environmental Justice Thriving Communities Technical Assistance Center
- Jose Perez, Hispanics in Energy
- Nazir Khan, Campaign Director, Environmental Justice Table
- Juventino Meza, Minnesota Interfaith Power & Light
- Emilia Avalos, Unidos Minnesota
- Pouya Najmaie, Cooperative Energy Futures