- This event has passed.
November 8 | The Vital Importance of Rapid Decarbonization in the American Midwest (COP26)
November 8 @ 2:00 am – 3:00 am
If it were an independent country, the American Midwest with its heavy reliance on fossil fuels would be the sixth largest greenhouse gas (GHG) emitter in the world. As such, the Midwest is crucial to U.S. ambitions to reduce GHG emissions 50-52% by 2030. At this session in the U.S. Climate Action Center, sponsored by America Is All In, at COP26 in Glasgow, Fresh Energy’s J. Drake Hamilton, senior science policy director, and other Midwest leaders will highlight very encourage trends for emissions reductions across the Midwest, as well as steps that have been and should be taken to accelerate this encouraging climate action.
This event will occur at 8 a.m. BST, or at 2 a.m. Central time. The event will be livestreamed via the America Is All In YouTube page. A recording of the event will be available on the America Is All In YouTube page after the event.
Speakers for this event include:
- J. Drake Hamilton, Senior Science Policy Director, Fresh Energy
- Governor JB Pritzker, State of Illinois
- Tim Sexton, Assistant Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Greg Downing, Sustainability Director, Cargill
- Patrick Hamilton, Director, Climate Change, Energy, and the Environment, Science Museum of Minnesota