- This event has passed.
November 8 | Bold, Ambitious Actions in the Midwestern United States (COP26)
November 8 @ 10:00 am – 11:00 am
If it were an independent country, the American Midwest with its heavy use of fossil fuels in multiple sectors would be the sixth largest emitter of greenhouse gases in the world. The Midwest is critical to U.S. ambitions to reduce carbon emissions by 50-52% by 2030, and, right now, very encouraging leadership developments are underway across the region. Tune in as Fresh Energy’s J. Drake Hamilton and other Midwestern leaders speak LIVE from COP26, the U.N. Climate Change Conference, in Glasgow on November 8 at 10 a.m. Central time / 4 p.m. Glasgow time about these developments!
This event will be recorded, and a link will be sent to all who register.
Speakers at this event will highlight bold, ambitious actions that are being undertaken to expand clean energy action across the Midwest, including successful cuts in emissions in the cultural sector, swift movement in the Minnesota Legislature championed by its Climate Change Caucus and by Minnesota Governor Tim Walz’s Climate Change Subcabinet, and bold, nation-leading clean energy policy called the Climate Equitable Jobs Act signed into law in October 2021 by Illinois Governor JB Pritzker.
- J. Drake Hamilton, Senior Director, Science Policy, Fresh Energy
- Patrick Hamilton, Director of Climate Change, Energy, and the Environment, Science Museum of Minnesota
- Representative Patty Acomb (MN)
- Tim Sexton, Assistant Commissioner, Sustainability and Public Health, Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Governor JB Pritzker, State of Illinois