- This event has passed.
Insights and Impact Forum: Electrification and Energy
March 30, 2022 @ 9:00 am – 11:00 am
Minnesota is in the process of transitioning away from technologies that use fossil fuels towards more electricity-powered technology. A challenge is figuring out how to carry out this electrification process in an equitable way.
Join the Environmental Initiative on March 30 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. for a conversation about:
- Barriers to equitable electrification and how they can be addressed.
- Ways we can work across sectors to equitably advance electrification and decarbonization of the economy.
- Policy progress on electrification, including the Energy Conservation and Optimization Act (ECO Act).
- Next steps and near-term priorities for electrification policy and programs in Minnesota.
The Minnesota Department of Commerce enlisted the help of local experts to create white papers on policy analysis and recommendations regarding these topics. This forum is a conversation with these white paper authors and DOC staff.
- Anthony Fryer, Minnesota Department of Commerce
- Maddie Wazowicz, Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance
- Mari Ojeda, Fresh Energy
- Kevin Lawless, The Forward Curve, Hourcar
- Winona LaDuke, Honor the Earth
Registration for this virtual event is free. This forum is presented by Environmental Initiative and sponsored by Dorsey.