- This event has passed.
Creating family-sustaining jobs through climate-smart ground-source and geothermal heat pumps and district energy systems
March 23, 2023 @ 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
How can ground-source and geothermal heat pumps and district energy systems provide both a climate solution and family-sustaining clean energy jobs? Join the Steamfitters Pipefitters Local 455, BlueGreen Alliance, and Fresh Energy for a panel discussion on March 23, 2023, at 4 p.m. to find out! Guests will also have the opportunity to hear from Saint Paul Mayor Melvin Carter about local decarbonization projects utilizing ground-source and geothermal heat pumps. Registration required, event capacity limited.
Local governments around Minnesota have an opportunity to leverage incentives in the federal Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) to decarbonize by utilizing ground-source and geothermal heat pumps. These emerging technologies can help communities build a strong clean energy workforce, provide family-sustaining clean energy jobs, and help communities meet greenhouse gas reduction goals.
- Darielle Dannen, Government Relations Director, Minnesota Department of Economic Development
- Jeremy McConkey, Training Director, Pipefitters Steamfitters Local 455
- Russ Stark, Chief Resilience Officer, City of Saint Paul
- Rebecca Nelson, Community Advisory Board, The Hills Redevelopment
- Todd Matelski, Lead Mechanical Designer, Horwitz NS/I
- Moderator: Nina Axelson, President and Founder of Grid Catalyst