- This event has passed.
Alternative Fuel Corridor Public Engagement Meetings
April 14 @ 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
The Minnesota Department of Transportation’s Office of Sustainability & Public Health will host in-person conversations about the next round of nominating roads as Alternative Fuel Corridors. They are seeking input from interested members of the community on the future corridors and would like your perspective! No registration is required to attend, and the same agenda will be used in all locations.
MnDOT invites and encourages participation by all. If you need an ASL, a foreign language interpreter, documents in an alternative format (such as braille, large print or in a different language), or another reasonable accommodation for this email or event, please email your request to Janet Miller at ADArequest.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-366-4720.
Get the details!
The U.S. DOT Alternative Fuel Corridor Nominations process started under the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act (FAST) Act in 2015 and was modified a bit under the 2021 Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA). Minnesota currently has two roads designated as Alternative Fuel Corridors (AFC) for Electric Vehicles – I-94 and I-35. This designation is important in determining how some of the federal IIJA funds can be spent on charging stations, the numbers, type, etc.
Round 6 of nominations happened in February – May 2022 with a focus on DC Fast Chargers and Interstates. The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) has not released the criteria for the upcoming Round 7 yet, but it is anticipated in the first half of 2023.
- Review of the MN Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Plan status
- Discuss pros and cons of designating additional roads as AFCs
- Understand the capacity and interest of communities and utilities in various levels of EV charging.
Locations, Dates, and Times
- April 14: 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. Location at MnDOT Rochester Headquarters, 2900 48th Street NW, Rochester, MN 55901-5848
- April 27: 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Location at MnDOT Duluth Headquarters, 1123 Mesaba Ave., Duluth, MN 55811
- May 3: 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Location at Windom Community Center, 1750 Cottonwood Lake Dr., Windom, MN 56101
- May 11: 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. Location at MnDOT Baxter Headquarters,7694 Industrial Park Road, Baxter, MN 56425-8096
- May 11: 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Location at MnDOT Bemidji Headquarters, 3920 Highway 2 West, Bemidji, MN 56601