Fresh Energy’s mission is to shape and drive realistic, visionary energy policies that benefit all. Together we are working toward a vision for an economy we thrive in and energy that ensures our well-being.
Fresh Energy is speeding Minnesota’s transition to a clean energy economy, which will ensure that our region enjoys good health, a vibrant economy, and thriving communities today and for generations to come. From putting Minnesota on the pathway to being a national renewable energy leader to promoting clean transportation options for our growing economy, Fresh Energy has been an essential partner in helping the region develop efficient, cost-effective, and inclusive energy programming.
Working purely in the public interest, Fresh Energy’s team of scientists, economists, policy analysts, and educators develops and advances solutions that secure a clean energy future where all can thrive.
Learn more about Fresh Energy’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to advance our mission.
Fresh Energy is driving clean energy solutions that benefit our local economy and health:
Learn more about Fresh Energy and our impact on communities:
Our work takes place through seven major program areas:
- Beneficial Electrification: Powering our homes, cars, and buses with clean, renewable electricity.
- Clean Power: Moving toward a healthy future powered by wind and solar.
- Energy Access and Equity: Ensuring that everyone can reap the benefits of clean energy.
- Energy Efficiency: Capturing energy savings in our homes and commercial buildings.
- Energy News Network: Reporting on the transition to a clean energy economy.
- Global Warming Solutions: Advancing and elevating Minnesota progress toward a zero-carbon energy economy.
- The Center for Pollinators in Energy: Speeding the use of deep-rooted grasses and native plants on solar farm sites.
Incorporated in 1992, Fresh Energy is a trusted energy leader. Our work is rooted in the following core values:
- We act with courage and urgency. Our economy, environment, and health cannot wait.
- We act with a clear purpose. Our priorities are driven by the impact of the outcomes.
- We act from fact. Sound analysis and open-minded evaluation inform and influence our policy choices.
- We act with transparency and integrity. You’ll know exactly who we are and what we stand for.
- We act in the spirit of cooperation and fairness. The best way to solve our energy problems is by working together.
- We act with respect. Our actions large and small reflect our belief that the environment and all people have value.