Fresh Energy’s mission is to shape and drive realistic, visionary energy policies that benefit all. Together we are working toward a vision for an economy we thrive in and energy that ensures our well-being.
Fresh Energy is speeding Minnesota’s transition to a clean energy economy, which will ensure that our region enjoys good health, a vibrant economy, and thriving communities today and for generations to come. From putting Minnesota on the pathway to being a national renewable energy leader to promoting clean transportation options for our growing economy, Fresh Energy has been an essential partner in helping the region develop efficient, cost-effective, and inclusive energy programming.
Working purely in the public interest, Fresh Energy’s team of scientists, economists, policy analysts, and educators develops and advances solutions that secure a clean energy future where all can thrive.
Learn more about Fresh Energy’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to advance our mission.
Watch a whirlwind three minute video about Fresh Energy’s history, what we’ve accomplished, and what’s next:
Our work takes place through seven major program areas:
- Beneficial Electrification: Powering our homes, cars, and buses with clean, renewable electricity.
- Clean Power: Moving toward a healthy future powered by wind and solar.
- Energy Access and Equity: Ensuring that everyone can reap the benefits of clean energy.
- Energy Efficiency: Capturing energy savings in our homes and commercial buildings.
- Energy News Network: Reporting on the transition to a clean energy economy.
- Global Warming Solutions: Advancing and elevating Minnesota progress toward a zero-carbon energy economy.
- The Center for Pollinators in Energy: Speeding the use of deep-rooted grasses and native plants on solar farm sites.
Incorporated in 1992, Fresh Energy is a trusted energy leader. Our work is rooted in the following core values:
- We act with courage and urgency. Our economy, environment, and health cannot wait.
- We act with a clear purpose. Our priorities are driven by the impact of the outcomes.
- We act from fact. Sound analysis and open-minded evaluation inform and influence our policy choices.
- We act with transparency and integrity. You’ll know exactly who we are and what we stand for.
- We act in the spirit of cooperation and fairness. The best way to solve our energy problems is by working together.
- We act with respect. Our actions large and small reflect our belief that the environment and all people have value.