The last year has presented Minnesotans, Americans, and the global community with untold hardship, but I am optimistic that we are coming out on the other side more resilient, educated, and empowered to make equitable and just change in the world and right here at home.
Today, I see the scales tipping in favor of clean energy and climate resilience, and I am feeling grateful for Fresh Energy supporters, including you, for keeping Minnesota’s healthy air, clean water, and climate goals in focus. Thank you for sticking with us during this critical moment.
As we stare down the effects of intersecting crises together, will you make a gift to ensure Fresh Energy can continue tipping the scales in favor of clean energy and climate resilience?
Together, we will continue helping Minnesota take bold climate action in ways that benefit everyone who lives here. With your support, we can:
- Lock in near-term closure dates for all coal plants within Minnesota state lines and begin setting our sights on securing retirement commitments for all coal plants in the Midwest that serve Minnesota customers.
- Build upon the momentum of the swiftly growing clean energy sector in Minnesota to ensure that the nearly 200% growth in clean energy-related employment creates accessible, family-supporting jobs, and represents Minnesota’s growing diversity.
- Drive progress at the Public Utilities Commission, building the case for transmission, distribution, storage, and resiliency investments to prepare our electric grid for the transition to a reliable, zero-carbon future that keeps costs low for customers.
- Tackle greenhouse gas emissions from the buildings sector, a top source of emissions, by advocating for more robust energy efficiency programs, especially those serving under-resourced customers, and pushing for major advancements in Minnesota’s energy code for new construction—a change that will affect the carbon impact of buildings for generations to come.
- Push Clean Cars Minnesota over the finish line in partnership with a strong coalition of Minnesota clean energy and climate nonprofits. This vital administrative action will dramatically increase the number of types of electric cars available in Minnesota and we are actively working to prevent legislative threats while weawait a final decision.
With a federal government that recognizes clean energy’s role in rebuilding the economy and combating climate change, Minnesota is positioned to lead. Fresh Energy is here to ensure we rise to the challenge together.
Together with you, we’ve spent the last 30 years building climate resilience and laying the groundwork so we’d be prepared for this moment. We can’t slow down now. With our inspired new Strategic Framework, bold board leadership, and growing team of expert staff, we’re ready for what’s next—but we need your support.