Join Fresh Energy
Fresh Energy is speeding Minnesota’s transition to a clean energy economy, and it can’t come soon enough. Without swift, bold action to reduce carbon emissions, we will see more extreme weather and more threats to our health, our communities, and our future.
Using sound science and policy expertise, Fresh Energy is advancing solutions at the scale of climate change—solutions that will improve quality of life for all Minnesotans and build an economy where all can thrive. As a nonprofit organization, Fresh Energy depends on contributions from individuals, foundations, and other people like you. Fresh Energy is your clean energy champion and your support increases our ability to address the most pressing issue facing humanity today.
Become a Fresh Sustainer with a regular donation to Fresh Energy.
Set up a monthly recurring donation using our secure online donation form. Your sustaining gift will cut down on administrative costs, allowing your gift to Fresh Energy to go further.
Become a Power Circle donor by giving a gift of $1,000 or more.
Fresh Energy’s Power Circles recognize the leading individual, business, and organizational members who make generous unrestricted contributions of $1,000 and above each fiscal year. Power Circle members are in Fresh Energy’s inner circle of supporters, and also receive the special benefits listed below. Make a gift online or contact us for more information.
Become a Legacy Circle member and leave a legacy of clean energy for future generations.
Fresh Energy welcomes planned gift commitments through a bequest, charitable giving plan, or other options. We would be pleased to support you and your attorney, accountant, or financial advisor in this process. Contact us to learn more information today.
Other giving options
- Donate stock for twofold tax savings.
When you make a gift of stock held 12 months or more you avoid paying capital gains tax on the increase in the stock’s value—and you receive a tax deduction equal to the fair market value on the date of the contribution. Contact Fresh Energy staff to get all of the information you need to make a gift of stock today.
- Contribute a portion of your required minimum distribution from your IRA.
If you are age 70½ or older, IRS rules require you to take required minimum distributions (RMDs) from your tax-deferred retirement accounts each year by December 31. When you donate to Fresh Energy directly from your IRA, you can avoid paying income tax on that portion of your RMD. Contact your IRA administrator or Fresh Energy to learn more.
- Recommend a grant to Fresh Energy from your donor-advised fund.
Please click here to learn more and initiate a grant recommendation to Fresh Energy from your donor-advised fund.
- Introduce your friends and associates to Fresh Energy.
Sponsor or host a table at Fresh Energy’s Benefit Breakfast and help your friends, clients, or associates learn about energy solutions. More than 600 people attend this signature event each year. Please contact Fresh Energy to learn more.
- Increase the impact of your gift with a matching donation from your employer.
Many businesses have programs set up to match donations made by their employees to eligible nonprofit organizations–see if your employer is one of them by searching below. Then click here for helpful information to initiate the match process.
Contact us for all your giving needs
To make a gift to Fresh Energy, join the Power Circles, or to learn more about our giving options, please contact:
Meggie LaValley, Director of Individual Giving
651 726 7561
We believe in financial transparency
All Membership Benefits
- Powering Progress, monthly e-newsletter
- Energy Matters, bi-annual print journal
- Notices and invitations to events throughout the year
- Discounted tickets to Fresh Energy events
- Invitations to member webinars
- Acknowledgment on the Fresh Energy website
Power Circle and Legacy Circle Membership Benefits
- All benefits listed in the All Membership Benefits section, plus:
- Complimentary admission to ticketed Fresh Energy events
- Invitations to special private events
- Opportunities to network with other leaders in clean energy and clean energy philanthropy
- Special insider communications and invitations from Fresh Energy’s Executive Director, Michael Noble
Fresh Energy is a charitable organization registered as a 501(c)(3). Donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.