Title: Newsletter writer, Southeast Energy News for the Energy News Network
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months, renewable
Location: Remote/telecommute from VA, WV, TN, KY, NC, SC, GA, AL, MS, or FL
Job overview and requirements
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a dependable early riser, able to meet a deadline of 7:30 a.m. Eastern time Monday-Friday.
- Have demonstrated ability to exercise news judgment and quickly evaluate stories and sources for accuracy. Journalism experience is required.
- Have an understanding of or interest in energy issues.
- Be located in the U.S. Southeast or have direct knowledge of the region.
This is a contract position that pays $2,500 per month. The workload is typically two hours per day but may take longer at first. We will provide training and backup for days off when needed.
The Energy News Network is published by Fresh Energy, a nonprofit based in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Fresh Energy’s Equal Opportunity Employer Policy reflects our commitment to ensure equality, treat everyone with respect, and promote diversity in the workplace. Check our URL for more information: https://fresh-energy.org/fresh-energy-launches-official-diversity-equity-and-inclusion-statement/
Our hiring process and timeline
- The contract will remain open until filled, with priority given to application received earlier before September 25, 2020.
- Our hiring team will prioritize, review all submitted applications, and select finalist contractors for an interview via video conference.
- The finalists will be requested to submit 2 – 3 professional references for the hiring committee before the committee makes a choice.
- Ideally the candidate would begin the contract as soon as possible.
- Fresh Energy’s Equal Opportunity Employer Policy reflects our commitment to ensure equality, treat everyone with respect, and promote diversity in the workplace.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover-letter email describing your interest and qualifications to email@example.com.