Audubon Center of the North Woods
54165 Audubon Drive
For formal and non-formal educators of grades 3-12
With the help of expert guest scientists and educators, hands-on engaging activities, and a beautiful setting with a model demonstration center, the 2014 Summer Institute for Climate and Energy Education will provide educators with:
- important climate change and energy concepts
- confidence to share these concepts
- awareness of the standards that support climate change and energy concepts
- skills to make learning experiential and to take students outside
- a framework for effective place-based climate change and energy education
Twenty continuing education units will be awarded. Two graduate credits are also available through Hamline University at additional cost and with a brief reflection paper.
Fee: $125 (This includes two nights lodging, all meals, training, materials, and much more.)
Registration fee will increase to $130 on July 1.
Visit the Will Steger Foundation website for more information.