Director, Individual and Corporate Giving
For more than 20 years, Fresh Energy has transformed widely held economic and environmental ideas into smart energy policy. We’re the region’s only policy advocacy organization focused solely on energy. Our current efforts include increasing renewable energy, improving clean energy transmission, retiring coal plants, regulating carbon pollution, transitioning to a clean transportation system, and increasing energy efficiency in buildings, industry, and utilities.
The director of individual and corporate giving is responsible for planning and executing fundraising strategies aimed at raising support for Fresh Energy from individuals, major donors, and corporations.
The position steers the overall direction, strategy, partner engagement, and staffing for work in this area, reports to the executive director, serves as a member of the director team, and actively coordinates with Fresh Energy’s board, communications department and other staff.
We are looking for a creative leader with demonstrated success at implementing multi-faceted strategies to engage individual and corporate donors. Key desired skills include: a strong track record of building a membership base, executing successful major donor strategies, and in-hand successes with annuity and planned gifts; capacity to engage and motivate staff and board to harness their full fundraising potential; experience working at a high level with corporations and high net worth donors; and expertise in strategically advancing and leveraging individual support for program goals.
- Set and achieve individual and corporate fundraising goals in collaboration with Fresh Energy’s board and leadership
- Create and manage the annual budget allocation for individual and corporate giving and manage associate level staff
- Annually refresh the individual and corporate giving portion of Fresh Energy’s Integrated Fund Development Plan to define giving program goals, roles of key staff, tactics, and evaluation metrics and to ensure alignment with Strategic Framework and long-term goals.
- Develop and manage the planned giving program
- In coordination with other staff, establish methods and practices for the continued stewardship of financial supporters
- Foster a culture of fundraising among board and staff evidenced by a majority actively participating in fundraising efforts
- Manage activities related to securing funding for general and special purposes as well as to develop and steward key relationships
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree plus five years of experience at the management level in fundraising for not-for-profit organizations
- Demonstrated fundraising success using a broad range of fundraising modalities
- Skills and experience planning and leading execution of work to cultivate, solicit, and steward general members, corporations, and major donors
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising principles and best practices
- Interpersonal skills and professional experience leading a giving program that appropriately balances success meeting short term fundraising goals, with donor-centric relationship building
- The maturity, integrity, and experience to gain the trust and confidence of donors, leadership, colleagues, and partners
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, oral and written communications skills with proven ability to effectively engage with donors during face-to-face solicitation and stewardship activities, as well as ongoing and tactical written and digital communications strategies
- Ability to initiate and enjoy direct communication with donors and potential donors in a professional manner
- A strong sense of fundraising ethics and respect for confidentiality of donor information
- Strong project management and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to work in a demanding environment
- Experience developing or implementing a planned giving or capital campaign fundraising program
- Experience with database and information systems
- Successful experience using multiple strategies (direct marketing, communications, co-marketing, partnership activities, grassroots outreach, and events) to acquire and develop donors
- Capacity to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Commitment to Fresh Energy’s mission
E-mail cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Sarah Weiss email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.