Governor Dayton is finalizing his proposed budget—to be released in mid-January—that will set funding priorities for the next several years. It is imperative that he hears from you: We need a 21st-century transit system in the Twin Cities!
We are fast approaching an important crossroads in the Twin Cities. We must decide whether we’ll step up and make critical investments to expand our transit system. Tell Governor Dayton that you support this important investment.
- The Twin Cities area is growing—and is expected to grow more than 30 percent over the next three decades—which will mean much more congestion if we don’t invest in transit.
- Expanding the Twin Cities transit system will significantly increase access to jobs for low-income residents and save families money.
- Transit meets the needs of an aging and diversifying region, reduces oil use, and cuts air and carbon pollution.
- Transit projects create new jobs, provide better access to existing jobs, and make our region more economically competitive.
- Transportation is the second biggest cost for families (behind healthcare), and transit provides the opportunity to save thousands of dollars a year in automobile costs and gasoline.
- The Twin Cities need more options for transit, bicycling, and walking that make our communities and families healthier.
Remember to add a personal story of why transit is important to you.
Send a letter:
Office of the Governor
130 State Capitol
75 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55155
Make a call: 651-201-3400 or 800-657-3717
Photo: Metro Transit