Spooked by the thought of high energy bills this fall? Take the terror out of your energy use and find inspiration in your favorite Halloween monsters and ghouls. These easy tips are definitely more treat than trick.
- Mummy: Feeling the chill? Instead of cranking up the heat, wrap up with an extra layer. Hailing from Egypt, mummies are bound to know the best ways to handle the cold.
- Dracula: Watch out for energy vampires, the appliances and electronics in your house that suck up energy like a bloodthirsty Twilight character—even when they’re turned off.
- Frankenstein: Frankenstein didn’t need dirty fossil fuels to fire up his monster. He used good old-fashioned renewable energy. Well…okay, it was lightning. And while bolts of electricity might not be a practical solution for your lair or laboratory, how about greening up your electricity with wind?
- Witch: Ever seen a witch driving a car? The maintenance, the pollution, the gas prices…no wonder self-respecting sorceresses take the aerial route. Leave your car at home and consider using alternate forms of transportation. While we wouldn’t recommend hopping on a broom unless you’re a seasoned flyer, travel by bike or foot and you’ll still be able to feel the wind in your hair.
- Ghost: Hearing bumps in the night? Curtains and doors mysteriously moving on their own? While it could be a poltergeist, it’s more likely that you’re being haunted by air leaks and poor insulation. Consider weatherizing your home this fall, sealing your windows with window insulation kits, or caulking around leaky doors and window frames.
Werewolf: There’s no need to wait for a full moon, you can help transform the energy system today by supporting Fresh Energy. If you haven’t already, become a member!